Cheers to You, Happy 60th Birthday Card

This was a fun card to create for a friend of mine.  She had asked for something along the theme of wine or travel.  I chose wine, since I knew that I had the perfect stamp set: Stampin' Up!'s Happy Hour!

While digging through my patterned paper, I came across this fun background print.  The paper is from an old scrapbook calendar that I had been given by another good friend of mine.  She had no use for an outdated calendar, but thought that the papers inside were right up my alley.  Boy, was she right?!  I just love the simplicity of this print as well as the imperfect, hand drawn affect of the striped lines.  It seems, to me, to make this card more personal.

Card Front
Images from Stampin' Up! & Accord Publishing's 2012 Scrapbook Calendar

 Since the recipient of this card is a wine connoisseur, I chose to create a wine glass tag to use as an embellishment on the card front.  This means that the card (or parts of it) play double duty.  The wine glass tag was created using a small piece of cork, a mini tag, and a handmade tassel.  I loved creating this little extra and will definitely have to continue crafting them in the future.

Card Interior
Images from Stampin' Up! & Accord Publishing's 2012 Scrapbook Calendar 
A fun little greeting inside the card finishes it right off.

Thanks again everyone.  
It was a pleasure and we wish you a wonderful night.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Rasberry and Wee Berry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Converting Stamps From Wood to Cling Mount

Personalizing my Filofax: Beginner Leather Pyrography